Nic (Nicola Dillon) runs a design company Kinked in London and has put together the brand and publicity materials for our event. The concept is based on old Portuguese tiles with a contemporary feel and in black and white to be more sustainable (using less ink) and so we can stencil the brand onto the walls inside the space.
Here is the link to our webpage about our event:
We’re going to document the exhibition here.
This is the text and image we have sent the Council to promote our event.
Monchique. What does it mean for you? If you’re a local, you’ll know all the secret places that make it unique. Imagine you are on holiday though. Where can you find out the best place to drink a medronho, to walk through lush landscapes and to buy quality locally produced gifts? Chances are, you will not stay longer than a couple of hours before driving away.
A group of young Europeans who have been resident in Monchique for the last 3 months invite you to their interactive exhibition which will launch new maps and showcase the work they have done to encourage tourists to stay longer in Monchique. The exhibition will be open from Saturday 10 Dec – Thursday 15 Dec between 2-7pm with a private view on Sat 10 at 5pm
1. Contemporary crafts shop selling Monchique and other Portuguese cool crafts
2. Tour agency organising trips to local producers and craft workshops
3. Educational workshop programme for tourists
5. Hostel to tie in with the Via Algarviana
6. Social enterprises making cork jewellery and other commercial souvenirs from local products eg. modrono gift sets